Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day


Image provided by freefoto.com

Today is Veteran's Day.  First, I just want to say thank you to all those who have served, or are currently serving.  I am very thankful. 

A friend posted on Facebook today about when her son joined the Marines and as a mother her worry.  This hit home in a different way for me.  I had never thought about Veteran's Day thinking about my child going into the military.  I have family that has served and is serving, but the thought of a mother watching her son or daughter enlist was very powerful.  It really put the sacrifice right in my face.  Obviously Dawson is only 2, but as I watch him play with his front loader toy on the floor, I think to myself "how would I ever let him go?"  I sit in awe when I think about the families that have a loved one that serves our country.  

I don't have to deal with my baby leaving me any time soon, but someday I will have to.  And if he chooses to join the military, I will worry.  That's my job.  You can be sure I will be proud though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment