Saturday, August 2, 2014

36 weeks pregnant with Halle


36 week bump

36 weeks and 4 days! We could have a baby any time..   

My appointment this week was Friday afternoon.  I had to have the group B strep test this week, yuck.  Let's just say you have to take your pants off for it.  They wanted to check my cervix too, but I'm refusing any cervical checks until I'm in labor..  The one I had at 39 weeks with Dawson was nothing short of awful and I'm not replaying that scene if I can help it!  Although, ask me again next week and my tune might change.   Doctor wanted to go ahead and schedule induction in case she doesn't come on her own before 39 weeks because of the gestational diabetes, so August 19th it is.  I'm hoping she comes on her own though.   Otherwise, my blood sugar numbers still looked pretty good so I just keep on doing what I'm doing.  

Last Sunday I started having a lot of cramping and my back was killing me.  I was figuring it was from riding in the car on Saturday so much.  Monday night things got a little more serious.  I had the cramping still, and the back ache, accompanied by contractions that were about 7-9 minutes apart and painful, but definitely not labor.  Prodromal labor.  Labor purgatory.  I had this for about 5-6 days with Dawson before it turned into the real deal, but it can also go on for weeks.  A shower or bath usually slows or stops it, but I can't spend all day in the shower or my tub!  Prodromal labor is exhausting.. and frustrating.  I still wonder if it's why Dawson was born so quickly after active labor started though, and if it is.. I'll go ahead and take it.  

Dawson and I had a rough week, really rough.  He's feeling the stress I guess.  I'm trying to be patient and give him more of my attention because I really think he's acting out because he knows things are changing.  It breaks my heart when he shows some of these behaviors though- they just really are not like him and it makes me wonder how he's feeling.  Bring on the mom guilt. 

How far along? 36 weeks 4 days pregnant.. Baby is the size of a honeydew melon! 


Weight gain?  According to the scale at the doctor's office, +19 pounds.  

Belly button? Out and looking like something from a sci-fi movie. 

Wedding rings on or off? Off.  

Movement? Much less this week.  She would NOT move during the ultrasound, or breathe.  However, just a little while later she decided to torture me.  My cervix is NOT a dance floor, missy. 

Maternity clothes? Yep.  Had to start wearing nursing bras this week too.  Goody! (That was sarcasm for those of you that missed it..)

Symptoms? Feeling?  Huge?  Super huge? Like a stranger in my own body? Check, check, and check.  Contractions are bugging me.  Crampy all the time.  Back isn't happy.  All sounds like 3rd trimester to me!  My nausea is really bad.  Reflux is pretty awful too, even with meds.  It hurts to walk and I now need assistance getting up off the floor and sometimes out of my chair.  I'm uncomfortable no matter where I'm at. 

Mood? Cranky.  Tired.  Anxious.  Restless and bored a lot.  Been having a lot of racing thoughts.  

Missing? Sleeping in general.  Playing on the floor with Dawson.  Cooking whatever I want, whenever I want.  Exercise.  Waking up feeling good.     

Looking forward to? Getting labor and delivery over with.  

Sleep?  Don't even ask.  Sleep is something I probably won't see much or any of for the next year. 

Exercise? Sure, I think walking to the bathroom and cooking are both exercise at this point.  I do that every day! 

Any cravings? Nothing.  

Food aversions? This list is getting long again.. I don't even know where I would start.  I'm nauseated a lot.  

Until next week! Unless we have a baby by then :) 


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment