Monday, December 16, 2013

Storybook Land and Santa

Every year since I can remember I have gone to Storybook Land in my hometown.  Its one of my fondest memories of Christmas.


What is Storybook Land? It's held at the fairgrounds each year, admission is a donation to the food bank.  They fill one of the buildings with trees and lights along a path.  Each side of the path has different displays put up.  Disney characters, nursery rhymes, Santa and his elves.  You name it.  There's also a couple of large train sets running. When you get to the end, you can sit on Santa's lap and tell him what you want for Christmas, and get a candy cane.  I can remember being so excited for this every year.  It wasn't truly Christmas until you went to Storybook Land.  

Since Dawson was born, it's become tradition to take him.  My mom, dad, and sister all go.  This year we were lucky enough to have Joe join us.  He is usually working.  This was also the first year Dawson really understood who Santa is.  He was tickled pink to sit on his lap!  Grandma and him sat on the bench in front of Santa and he rehearsed what he was going to tell Santa while the rest of us stood in line.  It was adorable.  I was really just thrilled he didn't cry! He promptly ate his candy cane as well! 


Do you have any Christmas traditions like this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment