Sunday, December 8, 2013

Meals for the week of 12/9

It's that time again.. I went grocery shopping today.  All by myself.  It was glorious.  I don't remember the last time I enjoyed grocery shopping! As soon as I thought that, I realized how lame it is. I really need to get out more.

Meals this week (and beyond):

Dinners 
Ham and egg cups with hash browns
Tilapia & butter & garlic veggies
Flank steak & sweet potato gnocchi with apples
Spicy mango coconut shrimp, rice, & broccoli
Homemade chicken garlic pizza
Sesame chicken, veggies, & rice
Clam chowder & rolls
Rosemary chicken breast, green beans, & mashed potatoes
Frozen homemade sheppard's pie

Lunch
Chicken salad sandwiches & pear
Pb&j, raisins & pea pods
Crackers & cheese & grapes
Corn dog & yogurt
Leftovers from dinners
Turkey slices, cheese stick, grapes
Macaroni and cheese, pea pods, and applesauce
Apples, cream cheese, and graham crackers

Breakfast
Scrambled eggs with cheese
Cereal with strawberries
Yogurt & fruit
Waffle & applesauce
Pancakes and sausage
Smoothies and toast
English muffins with jam 

I don't know if I mentioned this, but we don't grocery shop on much of a schedule.  It tends to be every 10-15 days with a few random trips for whatever staples we run out of.  I try to make the food we have last in the house, although I have been accused of being a food hoarder.  I feel more secure somehow with a full pantry and fridge.  

We had the ham and egg breakfast cups tonight and they were really delicious.  I would like to try them with more toppings.  Tonight we had them with avocado, cheese, and chopped tomatoes.  I did bake mine longer than 15 minutes, closer to 25.  Wonderful idea though, and it will be added to our rotation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment