Thursday, June 19, 2014

30 weeks pregnant!

30 weeks pregnant
2nd baby
30 weeks pregnant! In the homestretch! Sort of.. 

I battled the sinus congestion last week, and ended up on an antibiotic for a sinus infection and double ear infection.  Ouch.  I just finished that yesterday and I'm still struggling, but I think it's allergies.  I typically have this problem this time of year where my body just can't keep up and I end up on prednisone for a week.  I am going back to the doctor this afternoon, so we shall see.  They haven't exactly been excited to give me anything (including the antibiotic) but I'm prepared to pitch a fit.. If this doesn't get taken care of, I'll just have another sinus infection.  I'm tired of not feeling well!  

I went to my 2 hour class at the diabetes center last week and got everything I needed.  Can I just say being diabetic is expensive?  Not only were 6 weeks supply of strips for the meter $50 AFTER my insurance paid, but I had to go grocery shopping specifically for snacks and veggies and whatnot that I could actually choke down eat.  My wallet isn't exactly happy.  

I had my routine 30 week appointment yesterday with my midwife and Halle is hanging out sideways in my belly.  I'm not worried though, Dawson took a while to turn head down.  Heck, I don't really even care if I get another vaginal birth.  I'm just so over being pregnant.  I know that sounds awful, but it's true.  She wasn't happy about my blood sugars the last week but the OB assisting her said they may be elevated because of my antibiotics.  I don't think so, just based on what I saw in relation to what I was eating, but I guess we will see.  I'll be continuing to test my blood sugar 4 times a day for the next week and then have a follow up.  If they still look bad, I'll have to be transferred to the OB practice.  So, for the next week, things are kind of up in the air.  I was also spilling a little protein into my urine yesterday, and that's never happened at another appointment.  Nothing to be alarmed about as far as she said.  

Otherwise it's been a very uneventful week.  We spent the weekend at home for me to recover and Joe to relax.  Dawson has discovered Mr. Rogers and Reading Rainbow on his kindle and I think it's adorable.  I'm hoping to get a chair or something out front soon so we can play in the sun, even if I don't have much energy.  

How far along? 30 weeks 2 days pregnant.. Baby is the size of a cucumber!  One of those English cucumbers I guess? 


Weight gain? My weight at the midwife yesterday was a +13 pounds! Looks like I'm picking up the weight gain.   My scale says +11.  

Belly button? Its going to pop out, any day now.  

Wedding rings on or off? Still on! But having some swelling so I think I better take them off.. 

Movement? Tons of movement.  She's started kicking me in my cervix A LOT.  Makes me instantly grab myself like a little kid that needs to pee and bend over.  Instant reflex I guess, because it really doesn't help with the pain! 

Maternity clothes? Yep.. Already growing out of a lot of them.  I really don't want to buy anything else though.    

Symptoms? Feeling? Okay physically.  My rib is bothering me this week but nothing I can't handle.  My hips and the pelvic pressure are at an all time high right now, so that sucks.  My midwife offered physical therapy but to be honest, I can't handle any more appointments so I'll just deal.  I have people to help me and I'm trying to learn how to navigate some tasks differently.  I have no energy this week and I'm winded and dizzy at the drop of a hat. 

Mood? Tired.  Did I mention tired?  Yet I know I'll be 100 times more tired when she's here.  A little weepy lately.  Sometimes for a reason, sometimes just because.  Therapy is next week and it can't come fast enough. 

Missing? Exercise, real medications (Tylenol is a joke), junk food, and alcohol.  

Looking forward to? Finally have an ultrasound scheduled for July 15th.  Also, Joe and I are trying to fudge some money to do the 3D ultrasound.. I think even if money has to come from savings we will do it because it was so special to us with Dawson.  There has to be some light in this pregnancy.  Oh! And we are doing some baby clothes shopping this weekend! Excited about that! 

Sleep?  I don't even want to talk about sleep.  To say it sucks would be a huge understatement. 

Exercise? No, none of that going on.  I took my fitbit off because I was feeling so awful, it seemed pointless.  I will put it back on when my dizziness and nasal congestion let up. (Same this week..) 

Any cravings? Fruit, cake, icecream.. Anything I'm not supposed to have, really.  

Food aversions? Fried foods.  Anything greasy pretty much.  Bacon, specifically.  Eggs, which is a bummer because they are a great source of protein and they keep my blood sugar down.  I'm attempting to get creative with them.  

Until next week! 


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment