Tuesday, June 10, 2014

29 weeks!

Pregnancy pictures
29 weeks pregnant.. Not sure what's wrong with the color! 


29 weeks! Just 11 or so weeks to go! I've been suffering with major nasal congestion the last week+ so I spared you my open mouth swollen face picture :) I skipped a picture and update last week because I was super busy and really didn't feel well.  

We had a shower to celebrate baby girl on Saturday and I had a great time.  It was so great to see everyone and we got some great stuff! Thank you to everyone who came- I know there was a lot of traveling involved!  Unfortunately none of the pictures I took turned out at all.. I really wasn't focused on picture taking, just enjoying myself.  

We have been going back and forth about baby girl's name for a couple of months and still haven't determined what her middle name will be.  Her first name will be Halle.  Pronounced like Halle Berry.  

I never thought a middle name would be so difficult but it has proven to be tough to figure out.  When we named Dawson, we chose his middle name before his first name.  Dawson's middle name is Theon, after Joe's grandpa.  This time we decided we would use a name from my side of the family.  We narrowed it down to May or Noreen.  Joe likes May and I like Noreen.  It's not looking like it will be either one because we can't agree.  I finally put my finger on why I don't like May- it reminds me of Ellie May from The Beverly Hillbillies.  Halle May is just too close to that, too southern for me.  Joe says Noreen reminds him of Eleanor and he's NOT crazy about that.  So it looks like we may just be sitting on that for a while, or sadly, she may not end up with a family name at all.  I guess we have some time to sort it out.  Please, I know her name may not be your style, but try to be respectful that this is what we have chosen for our baby! 

Today I go to the diabetes center and take a 2 hour class and get my glucose meter.  I'll be testing my blood sugar for a week, 4 times a day.  I am pretty sure my nasal congestion has turned into a sinus infection (complete with dizziness and head ache- yay! I really should call and bug my midwife again but I keep getting blown off..) so I'm not looking forward to sitting through a 2 hour class, but I just need to get it over with.  The OB assisting my midwife wants me to test my blood sugar for 2 weeks, and then if everything looks okay, test twice daily until I deliver.  Say what? If I pass, why would I need to do that? I refused.  If things don't look good, we will go from there.  They wouldn't ask someone who passes the blood glucose tolerance test with the yucky drink to do that, so I don't see why this should be any different.  I'm a little miffed about it, but ultimately they can't make me do anything at all. 

How far along? 29 weeks pregnant.. Baby is the size of a butternut squash!

Weight gain? My weight at the midwife last week was a +8 pounds still.  No change on my scale as of today either. 

Belly button? Still looking extremely flat and deformed.  (No change there)

Wedding rings on or off? Still on! 

Movement? Lots of movement.  I'm curious to see what position she's in, because she kicks me on my right side mostly.  Or maybe she's punching? I don't know.  It's hard to tell because she rolls around so much.  

Maternity clothes? Yep.. Although it seems I've reached a point of "I don't care" at least at home because I have been wearing my pre-pregnancy t-shirts from Hawaii and just letting it hang out.  Classy, right?   

Symptoms? Feeling? Well, I feel awful but I think that's more related to my sinus issues.  My midwife suggested I buy a support belt for my grinding and clicking in my hips.  Boy, was that a mistake.  It only took about 30 minutes before it hurt so bad I had to take it off.  It seemed to make my symptoms 100 times worse.  Glad I only spent $15 on it.  I'm on Prilosec now for the reflux symptoms and that seems to be working well.  Rib pain has been off and on, but at least it's intermittent.  With Dawson I managed to make it through the entire pregnancy with no stretch marks at all (don't hate me ladies, they showed up about 3-4 days postpartum) but this time it seems I'm not so lucky.  I can see 2 pretty good sized ones down low.  I actually thought I would be upset, but I don't care.  They are worth it, and carrying a baby is no joke.  If I make it out with just a few (or a lot) of stretch marks, I'm okay with that. 

Mood? Cranky still.  No patience.  Tired of being tired, tired of feeling like crap.  I got a lot of stuff done, but I feel like there's a lot more to do.  (As I sit here blogging..)

Missing? This week I really miss exercise.  And sitting down without judging whether or not the surface is going to kill me.  I miss not worrying about what I'm eating, how much I'm drinking, etc.  

Looking forward to? Funny, I was looking forward to scheduling the ultrasound last time I wrote this, but they have backed that up yet again.  Now it's looking like 34ish weeks before we will do that.  Now I'm just looking forward to holding her.  

Sleep?  I'll sleep when I'm dead, I guess.  I have a feeling I will be able to say this for the next few years at least.  Can't breathe, can't get comfortable, can't relax, Dawson won't go to sleep.  It's always something.  

Exercise? No, none of that going on.  I took my fitbit off because I was feeling so awful, it seemed pointless.  I will put it back on when my dizziness and nasal congestion let up. 

Any cravings? Fruit! Also, the cake from the shower was delicious.  No other cravings really. 

Food aversions? Fried foods.  Anything greasy pretty much.  Bacon, specifically.  Eggs, which is a bummer because they are a great source of protein. 


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment