Monday, May 5, 2014

Kids Academy Learning App Review

Disclosure:  I was compensated for this blog post by Kids Academy Company.  Kids Academy Company gave me this application to review it and write this blog post. Views expressed in this post are still, as always, 100% genuine.


Here's a link to my Amazon review, and I'll elaborate more! 

I downloaded Preschool and Kindergarten learning kids games for girls & boys ∙ Prep reading, interactive ABC, alphabet tracing, phonics song with educational app based on Montessori match letter quiz & logical math puzzle games for toddler HD by Kids Academy today.  I'm a little ashamed to say Dawson has been busy with it for almost 2 hours.  I'm having a pretty rough day, and it's better than cartoons by FAR so I'm just not going to let it bother me I guess.  I see some of you judging me and that's okay :) 

First, it downloaded quickly which was nice.  Setting up his picture, name, and setting the sounds (Yes you can turn off the music but leave on the voices! SCORE!) was super easy too.  Unfortunately little smarty pants figured out the parental control button pretty much right away.  No biggy, he wasn't interested once I showed him the rest of the app.  

I would say most of this app is tracing letters, numbers, and shapes.  If your kid isn't into tracing or isn't old enough for that kind of skill, I wouldn't bother.  The app says its for ages 0-5 but I can't imagine even 6 months ago Dawson would have had any fun with it. However, he had a blast with it today.  The rewards were spot on, and motivating him with fireflies worked beautifully.  He's been doing the same numbers over and over and seems to be happy with that.  Dawson knows most of his letters and numbers, so for him the letter identification part of the app is not terribly educational for him.  I can honestly say he hasn't paid much attention to lowercase letters until looking at this though and now he's very excited that the big K has a baby.  Adorable :) He's also learning the sounds letters make through this and I think that will be beneficial.  Dawson seems to learn much better from a device or a TV show than he does from us, his parents, because you know.. we are the dumbest people alive (if you ask him.) 

$9.99 seems like a lot for an app, but we don't have cable television so splurging once in a while for entertainment that's a little more on the educational side and hands on works for us.  Maybe not for everyone though!  We are glad to have added it to our little app collection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment