Thursday, May 22, 2014

26 weeks.. Check!



26 week bump
26 weeks! Photobombed by Dawson and his backhoe 

This last week has been pretty uneventful.  We got a few things done around the house and had dinner out Saturday, which was nice since I've been cooking every night lately.  

I went to therapy last week and cried my eyes out over this whole glucose test ordeal.  My therapist (is a saint) called my midwife and explained that my anxiety and depression is worsening and I'm very stressed about it.  My midwife called and told me her concerns if I don't take the test, and then gave me the option to opt out completely.  Given that Dawson had some significant (but not life threatening) issues after birth, I decided I didn't want to opt out completely.  However, I won't do the blood test that I drink the sludge for.   I will go to the diabetes counseling center, get some guidelines, and a glucose meter.  I'll test my blood sugar every day, four times a day, for a week.  If my sugars are off the charts awful, I'll do my best to adhere to the diabetic diet.  If they are borderline, I don't want to stress myself over it.  She agreed.  So June 4th I go to that appointment.  I feel pretty good about this.  

This week I've been struggling really bad with hip and groin pain.  It feels just like after I gave birth to Dawson.  Like my legs aren't attached right, and my pelvic bones are grinding and clicking and whatnot.  It's been bothering me for a while, but not as bad as the last week.  After some research, it looks like I may have Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction.  This would totally explain why I wasn't able to walk for about a week after Dawson was born.  I'll be mentioning it at my next appointment and trying to decide how this can be treated (or prevented?) because it's making me miserable.  

Otherwise I have been a cooking machine this week! This weekend my super awesome sister is coming to put Dawson's big boy room together and help me do some other things too :) I'm excited to get it done! 

How far along? 26 weeks 3 days pregnant.. Baby is the size of a head of lettuce! 

Weight gain? No clue.  I didn't weigh myself this week.  I'm sure I haven't gained much, if anything. 

Belly button? It's flat, REALLY flat.  Now I would be really surprised if I make it to August before it pops out.  We shall see! 

Wedding rings on or off? Still on. 

Movement? Less this week.  Wondering if she is having a growth spurt.  

Maternity clothes? Yep.  Although I can still wear some of my pre pregnancy shirts (h&m and old navy!)   Ironically, some of my maternity shirts aren't covering my belly all the way already.  

Symptoms? Feeling? Like a beached whale.  I'm not that big, but I feel big.  The whole lack of mobility, shortness of breath, and waddling sure make a girl feel like a million bucks! NOT.  

Mood? Good some days, awful other days.  My anxiety has obviously been pretty bad.  I'm having a lot of manic episodes and over-doing it physically.  

Missing? Alcohol.  Oh, and alcohol.  Did I mention alcohol? Yeah. 

Looking forward to? The baby shower! I'm so excited at the amount of people that have RSVPed already! Almost have baby girl's name finalized, so I'm also excited to share that.  

Sleep?  I'll sleep when I'm dead, I guess.  Between my hips, my neck, my nose (allergies) and Dawson, I'm not getting a lot of sleep.  

Exercise? Does cooking count? I've spent a lot of time on my feet in the kitchen.  That's about all. 

Any cravings? Baked goods.  Fresh fruit.  Peanut butter.  Smoothies. 

Food aversions? Steak looks like yuck this week.  Fried foods.  

 Until next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment