Thursday, April 17, 2014

Homemade No Cook Playdough

Rainy day activities

I had forgotten all about this recipe for no cook playdough. I have no idea where I got the recipe from- I just happened to run across it in my homemade cookbook today.   I've had it for years, and sadly I've never made it for Dawson before!   We are having a quiet day at home today, so I decided why not?

No Cook Playdough 

Ingredients

1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
1 tablespoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup warm water 
Food coloring and/or glitter

Directions

Mix together the flour, salt, and cream of tartar.   Put your food coloring into the water.  Add water and mix.  Add glitter if desired (I didn't!) 

Pretty simple! Took me all of 5 minutes.  I did dust the playdough with more flour afterwards to get the consistency I wanted but I really didn't measure my flour and water exactly, either.  :)

 Dawson requested orange.  He's been busy with it and an assortment of cookie cutters for over an hour.  He's just now adding his construction equipment to "build" in the pan.  To keep it from ending up all smashed into my carpet or all over my furniture (a problem we have with packaged playdough..) I put it into my roasting pan and told him it has to stay in there.  We will see how long he can adhere to the rules! 

No comments:

Post a Comment