Friday, April 18, 2014

21 weeks pregnancy update

Bump pic



How far along? 21 weeks 3 days.. Baby is the size of a pomegranate!

Weight gain? According to my home scale I'm down 4 pounds again.. So sitting at a -4. 

Belly button? Still flat looking. 

Wedding rings on or off? Still on.  Figuring they will be fine for a while considering my weight isn't going up and swelling isn't an issue (yet.)

Movement? She loves to do somersaults.  It's really uncomfortable already.  Evenings and bed time she's most active.  Seems baby girl is not much of a morning person :) 

Maternity clothes? Yes, yes, yes! 

Symptoms? Feeling? Nausea is nearly 24/7 now again.  Also getting some really awful heartburn and reflux type symptoms.  Like my diet wasn't limiting enough.  My ribs are a little better since seeing a chiropractor.  Hips are killing me though. 

Mood? Not good.  I am really really easy to cry and I am feeling so discouraged by my "relapse" into nausea land again.  Feeling anxious about naming the baby and also getting all the house projects and whatnot done before she is here.   

Missing? Not crying at the drop of a hat, having no physical limitations.  I miss playing on the floor with Dawson.  I also miss sleeping on my stomach. 

Looking forward to? Settling on a name.  

Sleep? Yeah, that's not going well.  I'm having a really hard time getting to sleep due to kicking, the cat, my neck, and my stomach bothering me.   

Exercise? Yep, nope, none of that happening (still.)

Any cravings? Homemade burgers, iced tea, smoothies, coffee. 

Food aversions? Almost everything.  Just forcing food down at this point. 

This week has been less than awesome.   I am not sleeping well which adds to my nausea, plus I have been without my medication for over a week and that's not helping.  My doctor's office is at the tippy top of my shit list.  They keep calling the wrong prescription in to the wrong place and they just can't seem to get it together.  I've spent half the week on the phone just trying to get my meds.  I was supposed to get a call by 6pm today letting me know what is going on with that, but no call.  So it looks like another weekend without.  Happy Easter to me! 

I went to see a chiropractor on Monday and based on the damage done to my neck (old car accident injury that flares) and the fact that I'm pregnant so all my hormones are relaxing my joints and muscles, he wanted to see me twice a week.   Last time this happened, I was NOT pregnant and it took over 4 months of appointments several times a week to correct the problem. I decided that twice a week, or even once a week, my insurance coverage ($1500 per year) wasn't going to go far enough to get the job done, especially while my hormones are fighting me.  So I'm putting it on the back burner until this winter.  It hurts, but to be honest I'm almost used to it.  It's just worse right now because I can't take anything for it.  However, he did tell me that my rib pain is a muscle cramp from all the stretching.  Basically, my belly muscles that connect to my bottom 2 ribs do not want to stretch so they cramp up. He had me lay down and literally stuck his fingers under my ribs (ouch) and pushed where it was tender.   Sure enough, I felt better for a couple hours.   More relief than I've had in a while.  I have to have Joe's help to do it at home, but it's helped tremendously.  

Otherwise, stress from a pending home equity line of credit and car repairs along with my medication fiasco has me pretty stressed.  Hoping next week is better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment