Friday, January 31, 2014

10 week pregnancy update

It's been hard to write lately as Dawson has decided he no longer needs a nap!  Anyway I thought I would start some updates weekly.

I had my first appointment with my new midwife last week and I really love her.  She was unlike any doctor I have had before.  She completely let me take the lead and actually talked to me, not just sat and filled me with medical information.  It put my anxiety at ease pretty much immediately.  She asked a lot of questions about my pregnancy with Dawson and my delivery and it brought back memories I feel I have tucked away because I really didn't enjoy it all at the moment.  

I started thinking a lot about bringing another baby home and I won't lie, I have had some serious moments of panic when I think "what the heck are we doing?!" As Joe told me during transition with Dawson.. Too late now :) 

I had an ultrasound at 10 weeks on the dot and was measuring right on schedule.. And most importantly, there's only one kickin' around in there! I've also consistently been able to find the baby's heartbeat with the home doppler.  

Ultrasound picture

How far along? 10 weeks 3 days.  Baby is the size of a prune! 

Weight gain? According to the scale this morning I have actually lost about 12 pounds since my hospital visit for fluids.  

Belly button? Still looks normal :) 

Wedding rings on or off? Still on.. I think I was somewhere near the end of my 2nd trimester with Dawson when I finally put them on a chain around my neck. 

Movement? Nothing yet, too early.  We did see him or her wiggling away during the ultrasound though! 

Maternity clothes? Pants, yes.  Still wearing a lot of my regular shirts but not all.  

Symptoms? Feeling? Nausea and vomiting still going on.  I'm on zofran 3 times a day and Reglan and promethegan as needed.  Most days I need a combination.  I'm still feeling really awful.  Tired, lots of nausea, still fighting a cough and the pregnancy rhinitis has kicked up this week full force.  My energy level is pretty low.  

Mood? Depends on when you ask me!  The nausea, vomiting, and loss of cooking has me pretty down.  I'm at home a lot and quite frankly I'm tired of it.  I miss my social life. 

Missing? Real food, cooking dinner, baking.  It also just dawned on me that I will not be enjoying any ice cold beer this summer either. 

Looking forward to? Getting the heck out of the first trimester.  Also, starting group prenatal visits next month. 

Sleep? Between Dawson and my cold, it's not going well.  I'm also finding it hard to breathe when I lay on my back now which didn't hit until 3rd trimester with Dawson. 

Exercise? Very little of that going on.  I try to take a walk with Dawson outside when it's not raining.  I miss running but it's kicking my asthma up and I just do not have the energy for it.  

Any cravings? No cravings really.  My go-to foods are turkey sandwiches (has to be from someplace out), stroganoff, plain croissants, and iced tea (decaf).  Otherwise I haven't been eating much else.  Salty and crunchy things seem to go down the easiest. 

Food aversions? Everything? Grilled chicken, same as last pregnancy.  Anything savory or sweet.  Anyone who knows me knows I am a sucker for sweets.. Baked goods, icecream,  chocolate.. But I can hardly look at it right now.  

Otherwise we are just chugging along.   I'll try to write more often! 

No comments:

Post a Comment