Friday, February 21, 2014

13 week pregnancy update

How far along? 13 weeks 3 days.. Baby is the size of a peach. 

Weight gain? Staying steady at down 12 lbs according to the doctor's office and about 15 lbs according to our home scale. 

Belly button? Still looks normal :) 

Wedding rings on or off? Still on! 

Movement? Nothing that I could say for sure is baby, but definitely feeling something. 

Maternity clothes? Yes! 

Symptoms? Feeling? Nausea and vomiting still.  Started a new medication that's helping, but I can really only take it at night because it makes me feel drunk.  

Mood? Feeling hopeful.  

Missing? Normalcy.  My friends. 

Looking forward to? Decorating the nursery. 

Sleep? Having good nights and bad.  I either sleep like a rock or I toss and turn a lot. 

Exercise? No.  Just no.  Exercise = lose my breath super easily and uncontrollable gagging.  (I have a feeling this won't change anytime soon..) I don't have the energy to do a lot. 

Any cravings? Salt.  Just salt.  I've eaten a lot of French fries lately because I want the salt.  Crunchy chicken with dipping sauce has tasted okay lately.  Orange soda makes me sick now, but orange juice has been sitting okay. 

Food aversions? Most foods still. 

I saw the doctor on Tuesday and that went okay.  She was very knowledgable about hyperemesis gravidarum and had some treatment ideas in mind before we pull out the big guns.  So this week I am on liquid promethazine and my zofran still.  The promethazine helps a lot but it makes me so so loopy and drunk feeling.   If this doesn't get my dehydration issues under control and get me drinking more, I'll have to go to the hospital twice weekly for fluids.  At that point we will discuss the possibility of steroids.  

I was also dehydrated pretty badly when they checked my urine on Tuesday.  They set up an appointment for me to go to the infusion center at the hospital for fluids and phenergan.  Unfortunately, that landed on my little boy's third birthday.  I spent most of Wednesday getting what I needed and Dawson spent most of the day with my parents.  He did play in the daycare center in the hospital for a couple of hours which must have tuckered him out because he asked them for a nap! When grandma & grandpa went to get him he was out like a light.  We celebrated with family when I got home that night and thanks to my meds I was able to eat a meal and have icecream birthday cake.  

I can hardly believe he's three already.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment